Monday, September 21, 2020

817. Beautiful Freak

Beautiful Freak
Eels
1996




Tracks
1. Novocaine For The Soul
2. Susan's House
3. Rags To Rags
4. Beautiful Freak
5. Not Ready Yet
6. My Beloved Monster
7. Flower
8. Guest List
9. Mental
10. Spunky
11. Your Lucky Day In Hell
12. Manchild

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I recognized one of these songs from the Shrek soundtrack. I wish I could say that I knew Eels outside of that, but on this blog we drop all pretensions (for pretensions, please see my book blog). 

But I did enjoy getting to know this band with this album. The first half was definitely stronger, but the entire album was pretty good. My favorites were "Novocaine For The Soul" and "Susan's House," but "Beautiful Freak" was also catchy as hell. 

I loved the vocals, and just the entire vibe of this album. Including the cover art. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment