Thursday, September 17, 2020

808. Dust

Dust
Screaming Trees
1996




Tracks
1. Halo Of Ashes
2. All I Know
3. Look At You
4. Dying Days
5. Make My Mind
6. Sworn And Broken
7. Witness
8. Traveler
9. Dime Western
10. Gospel Plow

So we are officially in music that was released in my lifetime. I don't think that will be irrelevant to my opinions going forward, since nostalgia often allows us to forgive shittier albums, or condemn albums we have negative associations with. 

But I didn't grow up listening to the Screaming Trees, so I was able to approach this album with fresh ears. I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. It was a little grungey, but seemed more deeply rooted in the post punk sound. It almost felt like a throwback, which I appreciated. The 90s musical style has sounded a little same-y lately.

So a great album with a wide variety of influences, and a nice introduction into 1996.

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment