Tuesday, September 8, 2020

783. Downward Spiral

Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails
1994




Tracks
1. Mr Self Destruct
2. Piggy
3. Heresy
4. March Of The Pigs
5. Closer
6. Ruiner
7. Becoming
8. I Do Not Want This
9. Big Man With A Gun
10. Warm Place
11. Eraser
12. Reptile
13. Downward Spiral
14. Hurt

I almost took off running when I saw this was an industrial album. Then I remembered in 2020 there is nowhere to run to. Fortunately, this album attempts to bring the industrial music into the mainstream, and that involves toning it down a bit.

Consequently, I suppose some industrial fans will feel that they compromised the sound, while the heavy industrial influence might alienate the normies. But there were moments I enjoyed in this and I appreciate what the band was trying to do. 

I don't really connect with the darker themes here, but for an industrial album it is positively chipper.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment