Saturday, September 12, 2020

795. Elastica

Elastica
Elastica
1995





Tracks
1. Line Up
2. Annie
3. Connection
4. Car Song
5. Smile
6. Hold Me Now
7. SOFT
8. Indian Song
9. Blue
10. All Nighter
11. Waking Up
12. Two To One
13. Vaseline
14. Never Here
15. Stutter

I didn't think I knew Elastica, but I recognized "Car Song." Actually, many of these songs sounded familiar, but I think that has to do with Britpop being a pretty derivative genre.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I really like all their obvious influences, and it's interesting hearing the Britpop sound updated for the 90s. It doesn't sound quite as fresh as something from Blur or Oasis, but I still enjoyed it. 

So a pretty good album, but it didn't leave much of an impression. Still, it's always nice to hear from more women on the List.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment