Tuesday, September 22, 2020

818. Casanova

Casanova
The Divine Comedy
1996




Tracks
1. Something for the Weekend
2. Becoming More Like Alfie
3. Middle-Class Heroes

4. In & Out of Paris & London

5. Charge
6. Songs of Love

7. The Frog Princess

8. A Woman of the World

9. Through A Long & Sleepless Night

10. Theme From Casanova

11. The Dogs & The Horses

I didn't expect to enjoy this album, and in a different mood I might not have liked it. But by the sixth track I was really into this, which doesn't always happen with me and britpop. 

I suppose it wasn't the most original album on the List. But that's a common problem with britpop as a genre, I suppose. There aren't a lot of innovative artists exploring this style of music. But it was still enjoyable, and not every album needs to reinvent the wheel.

The lyrics were smart and sexy, which is always a winning combination. Worth listening to but perhaps not essential.

RATING: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment