Tuesday, September 15, 2020

804. Brown Sugar

Brown Sugar
D'Angelo
1995





Tracks
1. Brown Sugar
2. Alright
3. Jonz In My Bonz
4. Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine
5. Shit, Damn, Motherfucker
6. Smooth
7. Cruisin'
8. When We Get By
9. Lady
10. Higher

This is more along the lines of what I thought the general 90s sound was, I guess I was in denial about how much Britpop there was. Ditto for derivative hip hop. 

I wish modern R&B was more like this album, just smart and sexy. Based on my experience with hip hop, I expected "Shit, Damn, Motherfucker" to be a really ugly track. It wasn't. This album was actually full of bangers that I will be adding to my playlist.

A very good album to represent a genre we don't really see on this List a whole lot. Probably because there are a lot of shitty R&B albums out there, but they made us sit through a lot of heavy metal crap so what gives?

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment