Thursday, September 3, 2020

772. Parklife

Parklife
Blur
1994





Tracks
1. Girls And Boys
2. Tracy Jacks
3. End Of A Century
4. Parklife
5. Bank Holiday
6. Debt Collector
7. Far Out
8. To The End
9. London Loves
10. Trouble In The Message Centre
11. Clover Over Dover
12. Magic America
13. Jubilee
14. This Is A Low


One of my British professors showed the music video for "Parklife" in class once. I forget for what purpose, but the class mostly consisted of him telling us stories from his rave days, so maybe he was providing context for a story. That really makes me nostalgic for before the quarantimes, where I could visit London and be forced to watch Britpop videos. 

So yes, this is a pretty great album, even if it groin kicked me in the feels. You can see a clear influence here from the Kinks, but they manage to put their own spin on it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat a sadness cookie. 

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment