Saturday, September 12, 2020

794. Me Against the World

Me Against the World
2Pac
1995




Tracks
1. Intro
2. If I Die 2nite
3. Me Against The World
4. So Many Tears
5. Temptations
6. Young Niggaz
7. Heavy In The Game
8. Lord Knows
9. Dear Mama
10. It Ain't Easy
11. Can U Get Away
12. Old School
13. Fuck The World
14. Death Around The Corner
15. Outlaw

We took a quick break from listening to artists who died horrific deaths, but we are back on the hearse with this album. I know he's a big deal and everything, but I would rather not listen to music by an accused rapist. An unreasonable request, I know.

Like Ready to Die, this album is seemingly prescient of 2Pac's demise, which makes it pretty eerie to listen to (particularly "Death Around the Corner"). But I was still taken aback by how mellow this was, even with all the anger behind the lyrics. I actually really liked "Dear Mama," which was a surprisingly sweet tribute to 2Pac's mother. And there were some catchy hooks in there as well.

Not something I want to listen to again, but better than Biggie Smalls at least.

RATING: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment