Tuesday, September 1, 2020

768. Definitely Maybe

Definitely Maybe
Oasis
1994




Tracks
1. Rock 'N' Roll Star
2. Shakermaker
3. Live Forever
4. Up In The Sky
5. Columbia
6. Supersonic
7. Bring It On Down
8. Cigarettes & Alcohol
9. Digsy's Dinner
10. Slide Away
11. Married With Children

I was actually looking forward to this album. I haven't heard much of Oasis (although I probably have and didn't recognize it), but I heard they were like the Happy Mondays meets the Beatles. That sounds pretty good to me.

And it was okay, but I was pretty disappointed by the lyrical quality. "Supersonic" made me "oof" a couple of times. The songs were more of the "oh, this is going to be stuck in my head now" variety than the "I actually like this song" ilk. 

So far, 1994 isn't living up to 1993 musically, but, to be fair, it was an extremely high bar.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment