Wednesday, September 30, 2020

835. 1977

1977
Ash
1996



Tracks
1. Lose Control
2. Goldfinger
3. Girl From Mars
4. I'd Give You Anything
5. Gone The Dream
6. Kung Fu
7. Oh Yeah
8. Let It Flow
9. Innocent Smile
10. Angel Interceptor
11. Lost In You
12. Darkside Lightside

I was familiar with the song "Girl From Mars" but the rest of the album was entirely new to me. Like most men their age, I guess they really like Star Wars.

I suppose some listeners might think the vocals have too much of a teen sound, but I didn't find the lead singer to be overly bratty.  I loved the youthful energy they brought to the music. You could tell they were committed to quality without taking themselves too seriously.
 
Catchy, accessible songs, which is all I ask for from my britpop. 

RATING: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment