Monday, September 7, 2020

780. Grace

Grace
Jeff Buckley
1994




Tracks
1. Mojo Pin
2. Grace
3. Last Goodbye
4. Lilac Wine
5. So Real
6. Hallelujah
7. Lover, You Should've Come Over
8. Corpus Christi Carol
9. Eternal Life
10. Dream Brother
11. Forget Her

My sister and I spent a couple hours together today working at our kitchen table. She was busy with lesson plans for her kindergarteners and I was busy with something equally as important as educating the youth of tomorrow. Somewhat trepidatiously, I asked whether she minded if I played an album while we toiled away. I didn't know if the next entry on the List would involve screamed obscenities or bongo rock, neither of which are/should be conducive to lesson planning. Thankfully, the next entry on the List was Jeff Buckley and he rose to the challenge of good taste admirably.

So this was just a good album, with my personal favorite songs being the covers. I guess Jeff Buckley accidentally drowned a few years after this was released. Why are there so many victims of mysterious, untimely deaths featured on the List lately? Maybe releasing an album in 1994 invoked some sort of ancient curse. 

Overall, a great album and my sister's innocence about what this List entails remains intact.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment