Friday, September 4, 2020

774. Talking Timbuktu

Talking Timbuktu
Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder
1994




Tracks
1. Bonde
2. Soukora
3. Gomni
4. Sega
5. Amandrai
6. Lasidan
7. Kelto
8. Banga
9. Ai Du
10. Diaraby

Here we have an album from Mali, and I am pretty sure it is our first foray into that country on the List. If I'm wrong, sorry Mali. Of course, it's always interesting to hear from underrepresented countries on the List. That doesn't necessarily mean you will click with every sound.

I don't really have any qualms with this album, only that I obviously didn't understand any of the lyrics, so there was a limit to how much I could connect to this. It took me awhile to get my footing, but by the middle of the album I was really enjoying it.

So it was nice to step outside of the US/UK for awhile with this album, especially since my world feels pretty small right now in the quarantimes. 

RATING: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment