Thursday, September 24, 2020

823. Come Find Yourself

Come Find Yourself
Fun Loving Criminals
1996




Tracks
1. The Fun Lovin' Criminal
2. Passive/Aggressive
3. The Grave and the Constant
4. Scooby Snacks
5. Smoke 'Em
6. Bombin' the L
7. I Can't Get with That
8. King of New York
9. We Have All the Time in the World
10. Bear Hug
11. Come Find Yourself
12. Crime and Punishment
13. Methadonia

I know I complain about hip hop a good deal, but there is actually the occasional hip hop album I enjoy. Case in point. So I don't despair of the genre completely like I do with heavy metal. I know I shouldn't live in the past, but I'm still smarting from yesterday's Sepultura experience.

This is an album very much of its time, which makes it very fun. "Scooby Snacks" in particular has a distinct 90s sound. It's also probably the highlight of the album (my other favorite was "Smoke 'Em") They weren't quite as clever in their lyrics as some other hip hop artists on this List, but their songs were catchy enough that it didn't matter.

It's a nice change of pace to get hip hop with the intensity dialed down a bit.

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment