Wednesday, September 16, 2020

806. Timeless

Timeless
Goldie
1995





Tracks
1. Timeless
2. Saint Angel
3. State Of Mind
4. This Is A Bad
5. Sea Of Tears
6. Jah The Seventh Seal
7. A Sense Of Rage (Sensual Vip Mix)
8. Still Life
9. Angel
10. Adrift
11. Kemistry
12. You And Me
13. Inner City Life (Baby Boy's Edit)
14. Inner City Life (Rabbit's Short Attention Span Edit)

I didn't have the slightest inkling as to what jungle music was, but maybe this is common knowledge among the musically inclined. If you're like me and your musical claim to fame is taking flute lessons in the fourth grade, allow me to explain: Jungle music is a curious mix of rave and reggae sounds, characterized by percussive loops and lots of breakbeats. Does that sound like something you want to listen to? Yeah, me either.

I suppose it's always interesting to hear a new genre. I think the List has presented us with just about every genre and combination of genres there is. But I don't really like electronica or reggae, so the breeding of the two styles wasn't exactly something I was thrilled about. Also, these tracks are l o n g.

More of an oddity than a must hear album.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment