Sunday, September 20, 2020

810. Better Living Through Chemistry

Better Living Through Chemistry
Fatboy Slim
1996



Tracks
1. Song For Lindy
2. Santa Cruz
3. Going Out Of My Head
4. Weekend Starts Here
5. Everybody Needs A 303
6. Give The Po' Man A Break
7. 10th And Crenshaw
8. First Down
9. Punk To Funk
10. Sound Of Milwaukee
11. Crenshaw Siren Beats

We had a previous electronic album on the List by the Chemical Brothers, Exit Planet Dust, which I think had pretty much the same aims as this one: create electronic music that can be played outside of raves and enjoyed by those not on pills. 

I suppose it worked, as Fatboy Slim is fairly well known. But this is not my favorite style of music, I just have a really hard time forming any kind of connection with it. Of course, the List doesn't care, and will continue to force electronica on me whether I like it or not. 

Decidedly not.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment