Friday, September 4, 2020

773. G. Love and the Special Sauce

G. Love and the Special Sauce
G. Love and the Special Sauce
1994




Tracks
1. The Things That I Used To Do
2. Blues Music
3. Garbage Man
4. Eyes Have Miles
5. Baby's Got Sauce
6. Rhyme for the Summertime
7. Cold Beverage
8. Fatman
9. This Ain't Living
10. Walk To Slide
11. Shooting Hoops
12. Some Peoples Like That
13. Town To Town
14. I Love You

I hadn't heard of this band, and I was nervous we were going to have a poor imitation of the Beastie Boys on our hands. Lo and behold, this was actually really enjoyable. 

These were pretty catchy songs. They clearly have a heavy blues influence, and a healthy dose of folk as well. They managed to create their own sound, without sounding like copies of anybody else.

I guess these guys are from Philadelphia. Thanks for representing the Keystone State in a way that doesn't bring shame on my people. We already have to atone for Bill Cosby and James Buchanan (when I was in school we learned that he was the worst ever president of the U.S., a factoid that hasn't particularly aged well). 

RATING: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment