Monday, September 28, 2020

832. First Band on the Moon

First Band on the Moon
The Cardigans
1996



Tracks
1. Your New Cuckoo
2. Been It
3. Heartbreaker
4. Happy Meal II
5. Never Recover
6. Step On Me
7. Lovefool
8. Losers
9. Iron Man
10. Great Divide
11. Choke

I know I have been grumpy with the last few posts (it's the music, I swear, not just me having having a case of the Mondays), but I think we are all in agreement that "Lovefool" is a helluva annoying song. The rest of the album isn't so bad, but that's a pretty big track to forgive.

I did like the vibe of the other tracks. The vocals were actually really sweet, which disguised the fact that these are fairly depressing songs. I can dig that. But I just can't get over "Lovefool," because now it is going to be stuck in my head all day, and my brain is in enough shambles as is. 

I guess it's a shame I am letting one song define a band. Sorry not sorry.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment