Monday, September 7, 2020

779. Ready to Die

Ready to Die
Notorious B.I.G.
1994





Tracks
1. Intro
2. Things Done Changed
3. Gimme The Loot
4. Machine Gun Funk
5. Warning
6. Ready To Die
7. One More Chance
8. Fuck Me
9. What
10. Juicy
11. Everyday Struggles
12. Me And My Bitch
13. Big Poppa
14. Respect
15. Friend Of Mine
16. Unbelievable
17. Suicidal Thoughts
18. Who Shot Ya
19. Just Playing (Dreams)

The List continues its eerie trend of featuring artists who were uncomfortably prophetic about their impending demise. Biggie Smalls even has a track called "Who Shot Ya." 

Predictably, I hated this and even more predictably, he had to have a track that was just the sounds of two people having sex. Is that to be funny? Is it to prove to the listener that a woman will actually have sex with him? Fair point, I have difficulty believing it myself. Anyway, it's immature and, at this point on the darkest timeline, not even original. I am surprised this is an East Coast album, it sounds much more West Coast (lyrically speaking).

Just a lot of ego with the usual recommended dosage of misogyny. But at least now I understand a few more Hamilton allusions.

RATING: 1/5


No comments:

Post a Comment