Wednesday, September 2, 2020

770. Smash

Smash
The Offspring
1994




Tracks
1. Time to Relax
2. Nitro (Youth Energy)
3. Bad Habit
4. Gotta Get Away
5. Genocide
6. Something to Believe In
7. Come Out and Play
8. Self-Esteem
9. It'll Be a Long Time
10. Killboy Powerhead
11. What Happened to You?
12. So Alone
13. Not the One
14. Smash

I think even diehard Offspring fans would admit that the quality of their music took a turn for the worse post 1994, and this is considered by many to be the best thing the band ever did. Or, you know, they would tell me to go have intercourse with my person, to put it politely.

I'm not really the target audience of this album. The music tackles some angst that I am sure is much more relatable if you are a teenage boy. I think the singles were the best, with "Self Esteem" and "Gotta Get Away" standing out in particular. 

I liked the punk vibe that had a decidedly 90s spin on it. It felt like it was bringing the genre to a new generation. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment