Saturday, June 30, 2012

233. Live!

Live! 
Fela Ransome-Kuti and The Africa '70 with Ginger Baker (way too long)
1971

Tracks
1. Let's Start 
2. Black Man's Cry
3. Ye Ye De Smell
4. Egbe Mi O (Carry Me I Want To Die)



First of all, I FINISHED ULYSSES!!!  That was easily the toughest book I have ever read and it was on my to do before I am thirty bucket list (maybe someday I will start a blog on that; you have been warned).  I am really proud of myself.  I absolutely hated it, but I am still counting it as a positive experience.


Sorry, my bookishness is showing.  Actually, it kind of relates to the music blog since the reason I have been listening to so many albums lately is that I have been sitting alone reading (high school all over again).  Anyway, this album was playing during the last chapter so it was kind of my victory music.  It really made me want to dance like they do in West Side Story during the "America" number.  It had some good beats but I can't see ever listening to it again (this seems to be my mantra).  Why am I using so many parentheses?


RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment