Thursday, June 28, 2012

228. Pictures At An Exhibition

Pictures At An Exhibition
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
1971

Tracks
1. Promenade
2. Gnome
3. Promenade
4. Sage
5. Old Castle
6. Blues Variation
7. Promenade
8. Hut of Baba Yaga
9. Curse of Baba Yaga
10. Hut of Baba Yaga
11. Great Gates of Kiev
12. Nut Rocker



If you have read my blog before, you will see that I sometimes complain about pretentious music.  Well, I apologize because that was nothing compared to this.  This is a rock cover of a classical piece of music done by Modest Mussorgsky in 1874.  Mind=blown.


I know so little about classical music it is embarrassing.  I went to a symphony once and fell asleep.  I can name about five composers. I also hated the movie Amadeus. I know so little, in fact, that I considered doing the 1001 Classical Recordings project but figured that would end in me swan diving out of my window.


Anyway, this is probably the most intellectual album I have ever listened to.  Naturally, it went over my head.  I feel like Woody Allen in Small Time Crooks.  I don't even feel like I can criticize it too much.  It would be like me trashing sports.  I know that just because I don't like it, doesn't mean other people won't fall in love with it.  Just not my cup of tea.

RATING: 1/5


No comments:

Post a Comment