Monday, June 18, 2012

214. At Fillmore East

At Fillmore East
The Allman Brothers
1971

Tracks
1. Statesboro Blues
2. I Done Somebody Wrong
3. They Call It Stormy Monday 
4. You Don't Love Me (You Don't Care)
5. Hot Lanta 
6. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed 
7. Whipping Post



We have had quite a streak of famous albums, however, it comes to a halt with this one.  I have never heard of the Allman Brothers, probably because they are not very good.  I have heard the term "musical masturbation" a few times and have always thought it was a bit crude.  However, I totally understand the need to use it now; this album was pure musical masturbation.


This album is mostly instrumental so thankfully I was not too bored listening to it since I was finishing Mysteries of Udolpho at the time (an addictive read; highly recommended). It reminded me strongly of the band Cream but I recall Cream being better.  Overall just plain boring and unoriginal.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment