Saturday, June 23, 2012

221. Madman Across The Water

Madman Across The Water
Elton John
1971

Tracks
1. Tiny Dancer
2. Levon 
3. Razor Face 
4. Madman Across The Water 
5. Indian Sunset 
6. Holiday Inn 
7. Rotten Peaches 
8. All The Nasties
9. Goodbye



I think the reason I have been listening to so many albums lately is solely so I could get to this one faster.  I think "Your Song" is the greatest love ballad of all time (does anyone not like that song?) and "Tiny Dancer" is actually a song I could dance to and believe me, that is a limited repertoire.
Also, ever heard him sing his version of "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?".  Pure beauty:
So I already knew he was a terrific songwriter and had a very poetic way of putting things.  From listening to this album, I learned that it is not just his hits that are fantastic.  The whole album is very Elton John-y which is a delight and very sweet.  Can't really describe it so just check it out.

RATING: 5/5



I am not the only one that is obsessed:

No comments:

Post a Comment