Sunday, June 3, 2012

197. Bridge Over Troubled Water

Bridge Over Troubled Water
Simon and Garfunkel
1970

Tracks
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water
2. El Condor Pasa
3. Cecilia
4. Keep The Customer Satisfied
5. So Long Frank Lloyd Wright
6. Boxer
7. Baby Driver 
8. Only Living Boy in New York
9. Why Don't You Write Me
10. Bye Bye Love
11. Song For The Asking



So this is my last Simon and Garfunkel album and I have to say I am a bit sad to see them go.  They had a great way of writing uplifting but poignant songs and I really enjoyed them.  I will see their solo work, though, which is evidently pretty bad.


Everybody has heard the song "Bridge Over Troubled Water" even if you don't think you have.  I think it is one of the most covered songs of all time.  Anyway, surprisingly enough, it is not the highlight of the album; I much preferred songs like "Baby Driver" and their cover of "Bye Bye Love".  Most of the songs had to do with Simon saying goodbye to Garfunkel which was pretty sweet.  Check it out.


RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment