Thursday, June 28, 2012

225. Led Zeppelin IV

Led Zeppelin IV
Led Zeppelin
1971

Tracks
1. Black dog
2. Rock 'n' Roll
3. Battle of Evermore
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Four Sticks 
7. Going to California
8. When the Levee Breaks 



Sigh.  Hello again, Led Zeppelin.  These guys remind me of Paul Newman.  I think Paul Newman movies are generally rather dull.  Still, I have seen a ridiculous amount of his films.  I am doing the same thing with Led Zeppelin and their albums.  Damn list.


Anyway, this album is available to listen to on YouTube.  There are a surprising amount of fights and swearing on that page.  Everyone needs to chill out about this album.  I expect the reason this album is so popular is because of the track "Stairway to Heaven" which is easily their most famous song.  The reason I am so shocked that this is considered the best is because it is so mellow.  Led Zeppelin is known for rocking the house while this album is actually kind of folksy.


Probably the best album they have though it seems like my reasons are different than everyone else's.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. It's an okay album but too much filler: 3,6, and 8 are filler as far as I'm concerned. Led Zeppelin II blows this away, not in the same league (with the exception of Stairway to Heaven, obviously). But I'm glad if some people enjoy this album.

    ReplyDelete