Sunday, June 17, 2012

213. Shaft

Shaft
Isaac Hayes
1971

Tracks
1. Shaft
2. Bumpy's Lament
3. Walk From Regio's
4. Ellie's Love Theme
5. Shaft's Cab Ride
6. Cafe Regio's
7. Early Sunday Morning
8. Be Yourself
9. Friend's Place
10. Soulsville
11. No Name Bar
12. Bumpy's Blues
13. Shaft Strikes Again
14. Do Your Thing
15. End Theme



Okay, that was just stupid.  Since when are movie soundtracks allowed?  I thought there was a rule against them!  And if there isn't, are we really picking Shaft?  Really?  I mean, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the movie as much as the next guy but I don't want to listen to the music they played while he walked around for over an hour!!


I do have some fond memories of the theme from Shaft.  I was really nervous for my driver's test when I was sixteen so my mom made me a mix cd for the way to the testing center.  The cd had the theme from Shaft, "Eye of the Tiger", and the song that plays while Rocky is running up the steps.  Needless to say, it did pump me up, and I passed the first time!


Regardless, I really don't have to make a case for why this album shouldn't be on the list.  The first track is awesome, though.  But this is background music and nothing more.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment