Saturday, June 30, 2012

232. Pearl

Pearl
Janis Joplin
1971

Tracks
1. Move Over
2. Cry Baby
3. Woman Left Lonely
4. Half Moon
5. Buried Alive In The Blues
6. My Baby
7. Me And Bobby McGee
8. Mercedes Benz
9. Trust Me
10. Get It While You Can



I don't know why I am doing so many of these lately; I just always seem to have an album on.  I am not going to question it though, because like I mentioned at album #200, I sometimes feel like quitting this blog.  1971 is just my year.


Janis Joplin reminds me strongly of Adele, although I think Adele is a bit better (please don't kill me).  This album was released after Janis kicked the bucket which forever immortalizes her as a legend since she didn't have a chance to do any wrong.


You know how some people believe that you can feel when you are going to die before it happens?  Well, they might want to use this album as evidence for that theory.  There is so much pain packed into this album that it feels very foreboding.  There are certain songs that seem more upbeat but overall there is a feeling of ickiness as Cher would say.


Poignant and sad but beautiful in its way.


RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment