Saturday, June 16, 2012

206. If I Could Only Remember My Name

If I Could Only Remember My Name
David Crosby
1971

Tracks
1. Music Is Love
2. Cowboy Movie
3. Tamalpais High (At About 3)
4. Laughing
5. What Are Their Names
6. Traction In The Rain
7. Song With No Words (Tree With No Leaves)
8. Orleans
9. I'd Swear There Was Somebody Here



That was beautiful, sweet, and over all magnificent; I know I will remember this one.  David Crosby (of CSNY)  lost his girlfriend in 1969 and was absolutely devastated so he wrote this album as an outlet for those feelings.  What I liked most about this album was that even though it is extremely sad, it is never whiny, which is the problem that some artists face (here's looking at you, Lennon).


This album starts with some really cool instrumentals in "Music Is Love" which is definitely going on my iPod.  As the album progresses, it gets sadder and sadder so I feel like I should advise stopping at about 4 to save yourself some heartache.  However, if you did, you would miss really beautiful songs, especially the final track.  Crosby is officially my favorite CSNY member.


RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment