Thursday, June 28, 2012

223. American Pie

American Pie
Don McLean
1971

Tracks
1. American Pie 
2. Till Tomorrow 
3. Vincent (Starry Starry Night) 
4. Crossroads 
5. Winterwood 
6. Empty Chairs 
7. Everybody Loves Me Baby 
8. Sister Fatima 
9. Grave
10.Babylon



First of all, I just found out my dad sometimes reads this blog. Sorry Daddy, about the whole "on my ass" thing...hehe...didn't mean it!


Anyway, I absolutely adore this album; it definitely is in the running for my favorite albums of all time.  Everyone is familiar with the song "American Pie" even Stewie:


There is a reason that this song is so well known, of course.  It is an amazing tribute to the great musicians of the past; I almost feel like it should be this blog's theme song. Actually, this whole album is a tribute.  You can guess who the song "Vincent" was meant for.  There is a great line in that song that goes something like "the world was never meant for someone as beautiful as you."


This is a truly amazing album and you owe it to yourself to listen to it.  I wish Don McLean would write a song for me.  And Elton John.


RATING: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment