Thursday, June 28, 2012

227. Every Picture Tells A Story

Every Picture Tells A Story
Rod Stewart
1971

Tracks
1. Every Picture Tells A Story 
2. Seems Like A Long Time 
3. That's All Right 
4. Tomorrow Is A Long Time
5. Maggie May 
6. Mandolin Wind 
7. (I Know) I'm Losing You
8. (Find A) Reason To Believe



I have become frightened from reading so many reviews of Rod Stewart.  Apparently, he went insanely downhill after the seventies; it seems to be a descent that is lamented by almost everyone.  I have never heard his later work but seriously, how bad can it be?  


Anyway, I love Rod Stewart's voice.  It is so unique and gravelly.  Still, there are some songs that he should not attempt, "Amazing Grace" being one of them.  Most of the time, though, he sounds amazing.  


This album is really great and beautiful.  The song "Maggie May" is so romantic and lovely.  I would love to date a singer/songwriter.  Particularly this one:
But I digress.  Great album; sweet and pretty.

RATING: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment