Wednesday, June 20, 2012

218. Fragile

Fragile
Yes
1971

Tracks
1. Roundabout
2. Cans And Brahms 
3. We Have Heaven 
4. South Side Of The Sky 
5. Five Per Cent Of Nothing
6. Long Distance Runaround 
7. Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) 
8. Mood For A Day
9. Heart Of The Sunrise



I am currently reading Ulysses (it was on my bucket list and it is kind of a long story about overcoming inertia and all that jazz) and listening to this album.  I had to take a break because I could of screamed from the pure pretentiousness of it all.  I mean, I am not cut out to be an annoying intellectual after all.  That is probably a good thing.


All right, so there was not enough of a break between the last Yes album and this one to miss it much.  Still, even though they were released quite close together, there are some notable differences.  This album is a lot more spacey and more uppity. There is also some fancy piano work and I could tell they probably made this face while they composed:


Ew.  Progressive rock.  If you are in a pretentious mood, enjoy it with a cigar.  If you are in a Holden Caulfield mood, skip it.

RATING: 2/5



No comments:

Post a Comment