Wednesday, June 6, 2012

202. McCartney

McCartney
Paul McCartney
1970

Tracks
1. Lovely Linda
2. That Would Be Something
3. Valentine's Day
4. Every Night
5. Hot As Sun Glasses
6. Junk
7. Man We Was Lonely
8. Oo You
9. Momma Miss America
10. Teddy Boy
11. Singalong Junk
12. Maybe I'm Amazed
13. Kree Nakoorie



My dad and I were recently talking about the Beatles' solo work and I think he made a really good point.  He said that George was the mystical one, Paul was the poppy one, and John was the "deep message" one.  When they were the Beatles, they blended together and took the edge off of each other's slightly abrasive personalities.  In their solo work, they all went back to their respective corners and just became slightly obnoxious.


I have just started to get nervous whenever I listen to the Beatles' solo works; I have just been hurt too many times (*looks off into the distance*).  However, I usually like really poppy, shallow stuff so I thought I would love this album.  Nope.  I was wrong.


Don't get me wrong.  I love "Silly Love Songs" as much as the next guy.  Just like I like "Imagine" and George's solo of "Here Comes the Sun".  What I didn't realize before this blog is that those songs are one in like thirty that these guys have done on their own and the rest are just pretty bad.  Even the critics agree with me on this one which is pretty rare.  This entire album is forgettable and pretty disappointing.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment