Wednesday, May 30, 2012

196. All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass
George Harrison
1970

Tracks
1. I'd Have You Anytime
2. My Sweet Lord
3. Wah-Wah
4. Isn't It A Pity
5. What Is Life
6. If Not for You
7. Behind That Locked Door 
8. Let It Down
9. Run Of The Mill
10. Beware of Darkness
11. Apple Scruffs
12. Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)
13. Awaiting On You All 
14. All Things Must Pass
15. I Dig Love
16. Art Of Dying
17. Isn't It A Pity (Version Two)
18. Hear Me Lord
19. It's Johnny's Birthday
20. Plug Me In
21. I Remember Jeep
22. Thanks For The Pepperoni
23. Out Of The Blue



Yay!  Another Beatles member album!  I have to say I was a bit nervous.  I mean, the John Lennon album was so whiny and shitty that my expectations were not high.


As you can see, this is a really, really long album.  Like Ella Fitzgerald long.  I believe that its sheer length is its downfall.  Couldn't you have broken it up George?  Now I can barely discern between the songs.  Also, the Book said that these tracks were just a lot of jam sessions.  For example, "Wah Wah" is basically just that sound made by instruments for four minutes.


I really just don't think anyone blossomed after the Beatles broke up.  I expected to be amazed by their solo work but so far...meh.  Maybe Ringo will give us something good.  Ew.  Then I would have to be one of those annoying people that's like "look at how quirky I am; Ringo is my favorite Beatle!"  I sincerely hope I don't have to go down that path.


RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment