Friday, May 1, 2020

613. Fisherman's Blues

Fisherman's Blues
The Waterboys
1988














Tracks
1. Fisherman's Blues
2. We Will Not Be Lovers
3. Strange Boat
4. World Party
5. Sweet Thing
6. Jimmy Hickey's Waltz
7. And A Bang On The Ear
8. Has Anybody Here Seen Hank
9. When Will We Be Married
10. When Ye Go Away
11. Dunford's Fancy
12. Stolen Child
13. This Land Is Your Land


We're hitting a string of albums featuring artists I have never heard of (who/what the hell is Mudhoney?) which can either lead to happy discoveries or a crushing existential crisis where I question what I am doing with my life. Thankfully, this fell in the former category (although I have a feeling I know where Mudhoney is going).

So this album had a compelling Irish sound, and it was interesting listening to this after The Pogues. It feels like The Water Boys play it a bit safer, and I enjoyed it more. I loved their cover of "Blackbird" and who doesn't like a track that has the word "Ye" in the title? 

Next up, Fishbone! Who dis.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment