Monday, May 25, 2020

637. Let Love Rule

Let Love Rule
Lenny Kravitz
1989














Tracks
1. Sittin' On Top Of The World
2. Let Love Rule
3. Freedom Train
4. My Precious Love
5. I Build This Garden For Us
6. Fear
7. Does Anybody Out There Even Care
8. Mr Cab Driver
9. Rosemary
10. Be
11. Blues For Sister Someone
12. Empty Hands
13. Flower Child


This is another album/artist that I had never heard of. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of those times where I'm delighted the List introduced us. Instead, this will probably be one of the entries I have trouble recalling in a week. 

The two stars are for the lyrical quality, and I particularly enjoyed Mr. Cab Driver for its commentary. But the other songs were literally preachy, and overall I didn't feel like he was doing anything too interesting here.

So far 1989 is a pretty meh year. I hope something comes along soon to shake things up.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment