Tuesday, May 12, 2020

624. Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa
The Pixies
1988

 

Tracks
1. Bone Machine
2. Break My Body
3. Something Against You
4. Broken Face
5. Gigantic
6. River Euphrates
7. Where Is My Mind?
8. Cactus
9. Tony's Theme
10. Oh My Golly!
11. Vamos
12. I'm Amazed
13. Brick Is Red


Once again, we get a fairly decent album to add to our roster of recent triumphs. And once again, our streak of good albums is going to be ruined by an upcoming Metallica album. But that's tomorrow, so let's not worry about it for now. 

This album has a strange sound to it. On the one hand, it is very unique, certainly for the late 80s. On the other hand, it sounds like it belongs to an earlier era. Some of these tracks were familiar to me; I recognized many of them from movies and tv shows. I guess adding a Pixies track to your content makes it edgier without much effort.

Female vocalists are owning the end of this decade, hard. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment