Sunday, May 17, 2020

629. California

California
American Music Club
1988














Tracks
1. Firefly
2. Somewhere
3. Laughing Stock
4. Lonely
5. Pale Skinny Girl
6. Blue And Grey Shirt
7. Bad Liquor
8. Now You're Defeated
9. Jenny
10. Western Sky
11. Highway 5
12. Last Harbor


Well, if this is supposed to the music of my country, I'm a little embarrassed. But just a little. Although my country can be pretty embarrassing as well, so maybe it's fitting. Okay, the whole thing wasn't embarrassing, I am specifically speaking about certain tracks like "Bad Liquor." 

Other than that, there were some really good tracks on here. "Jenny" and "Last Harbor" were both excellent songs. I wish the album had been more consistent in quality, but that's America for you.

Only one more week of 1988, and it looks like we have some great albums coming up. Hopefully, I didn't jinx us.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment