Thursday, May 7, 2020

619. Bummed

Bummed
Happy Mondays
1988














Tracks

1. Country Song
2. Moving In With
3. Mad Cyril
4. Fat Lady Wrestlers
5. Performance
6. Brain Dead
7. Wrote For Luck
8. Bring A Friend
9. Do It Better
10. Lazyitis



So I've read this is THE Manchester album, the album that apparently captures the essence of the city, which I guess involves taking a lot of ecstasy. I've never been to Manchester, so I can't testify to how well it distills the feeling of the city. But, based on this album, Manchester is okay, I guess?

I don't think I share the same sense of humor as the Happy Mondays. I wasn't exactly looking for Boogie Nights: The Musical. But this is one of those instances where I can see the appeal, even if I realize this wasn't for me. If you grew up in Manchester and enjoyed the rave scene, this album is probably going to hold a special place in your heart.

I have a specific idea of the type of person who says "Happy Monday!" and it is not this band.

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment