Sunday, May 3, 2020

614. Truth and Soul

Truth and Soul
Fishbone
1988















Tracks
1. Freddie's Dead
2. Ma and Pa
3. Question of Life
4. Pouring Rain
5. Deep Inside
6. Mighty Long Way
7. Bonin' in the Boneyard
8. One Day
9. Subliminal Fascism
10. Slow Bus Movin' (Howard Beach Party)
11. Ghetto Soundwave
12. Change


I listened to this album yesterday but didn't get a chance to get in here and jot down my thoughts. In my opinion, this album was just okay, so it's already starting to fade from my memory a bit.

That's not to say there weren't some good tracks on the album, with "Ma and Pa" in particular standing out. I thought it was interesting they were able to blend so many genres at once. 

So maybe they laid the groundwork for some upcoming bands, but it didn't feel like an earth-shattering experience and could probably be skipped.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment