Sunday, May 24, 2020

636. The Real Thing

The Real Thing
Faith No More
1989














Tracks
1. From Out Of Nowhere
2. Epic
3. Falling To Pieces
4. Surprise You're Dead
5. Zombie Eaters
6. Real Thing
7. Underwater Love
8. Morning After
9. Woodpecker From Mars
10. War Pigs
11. Edge Of The World


Welcome to 1989! This should be a wonderful year, because it's the year my brother and Taylor Swift were born (two equally important personages). Unfortunately, I have a feeling Queen Latifah might have other plans. But let's not worry about that quite yet.

So this album really came out of nowhere, pun always intended. I had never heard of this band, but I was immediately struck by the lead vocalist's voice. Mike Patton's voice had a unique sound; he could be very one sexy moment and then threatening the next. Because of this, I liked their version of War Pigs better than the original. 

I would have never come across this if it wasn't for the List. Thank you, Powers That Be. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment