Friday, May 22, 2020

634. Nothing's Shocking

Nothing's Shocking
Jane's Addiction
1988














Tracks
1. Up the Beach
2. Ocean Size
3. Had a Dad
4. Ted, Just Admit It...
5. Standing in the Shower...Thinking
6. Summertime Rolls
7. Mountain Song
8. Idiots Rule
9. Jane Says
10. Thank You Boys
11. Pigs in Zen


Jane's Addiction isn't the first band on this List to equate shock value with quality music. Actually, it's a pretty minor offender compared to some of the more egregious examples on the List, but take a look at that album cover. Cue well-practiced eye roll sequence.

As I have said many times before, I am not a metal fan. You would think the late 80s would then be my safe space, but I guess not. Thankfully, this was more "alternative metal" so I was able to enjoy it more. Many of the songs had an unexpected softness to them that I appreciated. I particularly liked "Jane Says."

Predictably, this band fell to drugs and in-fighting, which is a shame. Only one more album for 1988!

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment