Saturday, May 30, 2020

642. Playing With Fire

Playing With Fire
Spacemen 3
1989















Tracks
1. Honey
2. Comedown Softly To My Soul
3. How Does It Feel
4. I Believe It
5. Revolution
6. Let Me Down Gently
7. So Hot
8. Suicide
9. Lord Can You Hear Me


I love my weekend mornings, when I put an album on and read in bed until lunch. I call that the "not having kids special." This album was very suitable for background noise, but not very suitable for jamming out.

I would rather have artists err on the side of minimalism, rather than have them try to do too much. There's certainly not much here; just ripples of sound that never seemed to go anywhere. I am sure to other people, this is a masterpiece, but it just reminded me of Brian Eno's solo work, which has never entertained me that much.

Also, is it ever necessary to have an eleven minute long track?

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment