Thursday, April 30, 2020

612. I'm Your Man

I'm Your Man
Leonard Cohen
1988













Tracks
1. First We Take Manhattan
2. Ain't No Cure For Love
3. Everybody Knows
4. I'm Your Man
5. Take This Waltz
6. Jazz Police
7. I Can't Forget
8. Tower Of Song


It's rare that an album on this List is boring. Even the ones I don't like are interesting, some disturbingly so. But I found myself being dulled into a stupor as Cohen plodded through these songs. 

I don't recall much about the previous Cohen albums on the List (and a brief glance at the entries made me cringe) but I don't remember him having the annoying background singers last time. Maybe he did. But I don't think it worked here. In fact, I would venture to say that he sounded bored as well, or else I am just projecting. But maybe he was trying to achieve a synthier 80s sound this time around, and wasn't too pleased with the results. 

Skippable, especially "Jazz Police."

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment