Friday, May 8, 2020

620. 16 Lovers Lane

16 Lovers Lane
The Go-Betweens
1988














Tracks
1. Love Goes On!
2. Quiet Heart
3. Love Is a Sign
4. You Can't Say No Forever
5. Devil's Eye
6. Streets of Your Town
7. Clouds
8. Was There Anything I Could Do?
9. I'm All Right
10. Dive for Your Memory


It's rare to have an album on this List devoted entirely to love songs. Most of the bands are too busy trying to figure what rhymes with "blunt" to spend much time on romantic songs. The fact that there are women in this band probably has a lot to do with the tone and content of this album.

So I enjoyed this album, it had a folksy vibe that reminded me of a previous entry on the List, Calenture by the Triffids. I feel like the lead vocals gave this album the edge that it needed. I think this is one of those albums that improves the more you listen to it, so this might be my soundtrack today.

Next up, Cowboy Junkies.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment