Wednesday, May 6, 2020

618. Green

Green
REM
1988














Tracks
1. Pop Song '89
2. Get Up
3. You Are The Everything
4. Stand
5. World Leader Pretend
6. Wrong Child
7. Orange Crush
8. Turn You Inside Out
9. Hairshirt
10. I Remember California
11. Untitled


I think we deserve some REM after listening to several "meh" albums. Green doesn't disappoint, although maybe I liked the previous REM album on the List just a little better. But this one does contain the song Stand, which will give any Parks and Recreation fan a laugh.

REM always manages to sound fresh, and I was particularly impressed with Orange Crush. I know I have bitched about The Smiths trying to shoehorn political messages into their music. But REM just does it better; it's not as preachy or obnoxious. I also liked what they did with the megaphone, you can see the influence this had on future pop music.

I don't want to jinx us, but I think we are about to have a run of really good albums.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment