Sunday, May 31, 2020

643. fROMOHIO

fROMOHIO
fIREHOSE
1989















Tracks
1. Riddle of the Eighties
2. In My Mind
3. Whisperin' While Hollerin'
4. Vastopol
5. Mas Cojones
6. What Gets Heard
7. Let the Drummer Have Some
8. Liberty for Our Friend
9. Time with You
10. If'n
11. Some Things
12. Understanding

13. 'Nuf That Shit, George
14. Softest Hammer


fIREHOSE is not the first band/artist to insist on audacious grammar, and unfortunately, probably won't be the last. It feels unnecessary to me; like you are trying to distract from your own talent. I might just be trying to justify my own grammar-mania though.

In any upper case (HA!), this was very good. I liked the folk influences, and it didn't overstay its welcome. I was actually disappointed when it ended so quickly, it is just a little over 30 minutes. But I think the length is part of the reason for its punchiness, so I won't complain too much.

Tomorrow I am going to start my Monday morning off with a Beastie Boys album and it will be delicious. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment