Thursday, May 21, 2020

633. Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room

Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room
Dwight Yoakam
1988














Tracks
1. I Got You
2. One More Name
3. What I Don't Know
4. Home Of The Blues
5. Buenas Noches From A Lonely Room (She Wore Red Dresses)
6. I Hear You Knocking
7. I Sang Dixie
8. Streets Of Bakersfield
9. Floyd County
10. Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On
11. Hold Onto God


I have been able to find redeeming qualities in recent country albums on the List, mostly because they are heavily diluted with some other influence, like jazz or blues. Well, this is what I picture when I think of "pure country." It's honky tonk music but in 1988, this is a genre that is well past its prime. 

Actually, this is a decent album, just not my cup of tea. The vocals are great, and the songs aren't any worse than your standard country fare. It feels fairly out of place for the time, but maybe in 1988 that isn't the worst thing.

So if you are a country fan, you will probably love this. If you're not, it's still tolerable.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment