Monday, May 11, 2020

623. Isn't Anything

Isn't Anything
My Bloody Valentine
1988














Tracks
1. Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside)
2. Lose My Breath
3. Cupid Come
4. When You Wake You're Still In A Dream
5. No More Sorry
6. All I Need
7. Feed Me With Your Kiss
8. Sueisfine
9. Several Girls Galore
10. You Never Should
11. Nothing Much To Lose
12. I Can See It (But I Can't Feel It)


I had never heard of the shoegazing genre before, and after I looked it up I performed my traditional album blog eye roll. Apparently, the term was coined by the British press to describe the stage presence of the artists in these groups. I guess they would perform in a detached way and stare at their shoes the whole time. This really gets creepier the more I think about it, but I do watch more than my share of horror movies.

Anyway, I was prepared to not like this but strangely enough, I was kind of into it. It felt youthful in a charming way, and there was enough variety between the tracks to keep it from getting stale. 

Not my favorite by any means, but not as bad as I was expecting. The key to this List is low expectations!

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment