Tuesday, May 26, 2020

638. The Healer

The Healer
John Lee Hooker
1989














Tracks
1. Healer
2. I'm in the Mood
3. Baby Lee
4. Cuttin' Out
5. Think Twice Before You Go
6. Sally Mae
7. That's Alright
8. Rockin' Choir
9. My Dream
10. No Substitute


Okay, we seriously have to break this rut of so-so albums soon. I will even take a bad album, if it invokes a reaction other than "meh." The List will probably make me eat these words (or, in this case, force-feed me these words).

So like I said, this was a pretty meh album. It's surprisingly inoffensive, given that the album cover looks like a horror movie poster. There were some so-so collaborations that never really stood out. 

Not terrible, not great, just okay. Can we just get to the 90s already?

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment