Sunday, May 10, 2020

622. Tracy Chapman

Tracy Chapman
Tracy Chapman
1988














Tracks
1. Talkin' 'bout A Revolution
2. Fast Car
3. Across The Lines
4. Behind The Wall
5. Baby Can I Hold You
6. Mountain O' Things
7. She's Got Her Ticket
8. Why
9. For My Lover
10. If Not Now...
11. For You


I read that Alice Walker and Tracy Chapman were partners, which is a coupling I ship hard (how about Walkman for pairing name? Tralice? I'll work on it). The List is treating me to some excellent female vocalists lately, and I hope the trend continues. 

I liked the songs that were more stripped down in terms of production, like "Fast Car" and "Behind the Wall" but I guess that is a lot to ask of an 80s album. I guess her karmic reward for that was being included in a Nicki Minaj song. 

I was also impressed by the lyrical quality. Walkman for the win!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment